And what an exciting month September is for me! Here are three biggies:
(1) Guess which blog was reader voted BLOG OF THE MONTH at The Book Club Network's Book Fun Magazine (with a 400K readership)? On page 193, of the September issue is an interview of me accompanied by lots of fantastic photos.
- I'm grateful Beyond Buggies & Bonnets was reader-nominated, receiving 45.1% of the votes!
- Now my blog will automatically be entered in BLOG OF THE YEAR voting this December. If you've found reality and respect here, learned a fact or two, chuckled, or thought OMG, return to Book Fun Magazine and vote for Beyond Buggies & Bonnets blog - because for many of my former-Amish friends and family I'm their "voice" to the world.
- Live in northern Ohio? Want to touch authentic Swartzentruber Amish clothes, handle a kapp, hear fascinating facts, and learn about our son-in-law and others who left the Amish? Please come! I'd love to meet some of my blog readers in person *grin*
- In 1996, after serving the school district as a Certified Parent Educator, I launched my posts on parenting, and occasionally contribute to childrearing materials, having just completed a parent curriculum for The Church of the Nazarene.
- In 2009, Divine intervention guided me into "parenting" former Amish needing a home and help.
(C)Copyright 2014, Brenda Nixon.