"We found a picture of a Swartzentruber buggy for our flier," exclaimed the library's adult program planner.
She'd wanted me to speak during her library's Brown Bag Chat - noon program - about my life with Amish and those who've gone beyond their buggies & bonnets.
Some have come through our home - Mosie, Josh, Monroe, Sarah, Noah, Levi, Dan, Andy, Marvin - some I do life with - our son-in-law Harvey, then there's Ida, and Emma. Some I know from a distance - Lester, Katie, Esther, Ed, and John.
Several times I was invited to bring my suitcase of Amish clothes and present a program at private and public venues. I posted about speaking and answering audience questions at the Twinsburg, Ohio public library.
Now in 2015, I've a new list of speaking gigs. Come to my Ohio programs, I love to meet readers!
- March, 2015
- Saturday, March 7, Hardin County Library, Kenton, Ohio 10:30 AM.
- March 21, Dover Public Library, 2:00 PM.
- April, 2015
- Saturday, April 4, Germantown Public Library, 11:30 AM
- Saturday, April 11, New Lebanon Branch/Dayton Metro Library, 2:30 PM
- Saturday, April 25, Delphos Public Library, 2:00 PM
- Tuesday, April 28, Clyde Public Library, 6:30 PM
- May 2015
- Saturday, May 2, Ida Rupp Public Library, Port Clinton, Ohio 1:00 PM
- Saturday, May 9, Stow-Munroe Falls Public Library, 1:00 PM
- June 2015
- Saturday, June 6, John McIntire Public Library/Zanesville, Ohio 1:00 PM
- August 2015
- Saturday, August 15, Belmont County Library, Martin's Ferry, Ohio 1:30 PM
I'll travel to speak, about my experiences helping ex-Amish and what they've taught me about their cloistered culture, at
- book clubs
- retired teacher's associations
- medical groups
(C)Copyright, 2015. Brenda Nixon.